Monday, August 6, 2012

Our Guest Judge Author Laura Childs Picks our Winner and Has a Surprise Announcement


Our June/July book selection here at Cook the Books was the first installment in author Laura Childs’ Tea Shop mystery series, Death by Darjeeling.  All of the submissions in our roundup (see previous post) showed a wide variety of explorations with different varieties of teas, tea table goodies and even a visit to a tea plantation in Hawaii!
Our featured author, Laura Childs, was also kind enough to serve as our Guest Judge to pick a winning post. Our Cook the Books winner will receive a blog badge AND a signed hardcover copy of Childs’ latest Tea Shop mystery, Agony of the Leaves. I will quote Ms. Childs’ to announce the winner:
“What an amazing assortment of recipes!  Reading through them – seeing the photos – was so inspiring that I wanted to dash into my own kitchen and get creative.
That said, I have to admit that I was super impressed with the Mint Tea Shortbread and Earl Grey Brownies with Lavender Ganache from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.  I think that’s our winner for a copy of AGONY OF THE LEAVES.
Many thanks to all who participated and for inviting me to be your guest judge – it was so much fun!
All my best,
Laura Childs
P.S.  If it’s possible to get the recipes for some of the entries (or all of them) I would love to include a few in my next book which I will be starting soon and is tentatively titled PEKOE MOST POISON.  Of course, I would give full credit to the bakers!”
Congratulations Camilla! Send me your shipping address in an email (info aT oldsaratoga Booksdot Com) and I’ll ship the book right out to you. And if anyone who submitted a Cook the Books entry would like to take up Ms. Childs’ offer to include their recipes in her upcoming Tea Shop book, Pekoe Most Poison, leave a comment below or send me an email with your contact information and I’ll relay it to our delightful Guest Judge and Author.
Effusive thank yous to Laura Childs for being so generous with her time, for providing the extra winner’s prize and for her offer to include some of us in her next book project.
I will now turn over the hosting of Cook the Books to my buddy Deb of Kahakai Kitchen, as we read a great book of food essays, Home Cooking by the late Laurie Colwin.

No comments: